Parish Safeguarding Policy Statement
The following policy was agreed by the PCC of the Itchen Valley Parish at the meeting held on
11th September 2017
This Parochial Church Council has adopted the safeguarding policies and procedures of the Church of England. In particular we are committed to:
- The safeguarding of all children, young people and vulnerable adults
- Carefully selecting and training paid and voluntary staff who might come into contact with children or vulnerable adults, using the Disclosure and Barring Service amongst other tools, to check their suitability
- Responding without delay to every complaint made which suggests that an adult, child or young person may have been harmed
- Cooperating fully with the police, local authority and any other appropriate statutory body in any investigation
- Ministering appropriately to anyone, child or adult, who has experienced abuse
- Extending pastoral care to those known to have offended against children or vulnerable adults whilst ensuring that children and vulnerable adults are protected from them
This policy statement will be reviewed annually by the PCC.
Our Church Safeguarding Officer is:
Name: Sarah Hunt – 01962 779250
Email address: email@example.com
Any child wishing to talk about a problem can contact Childline on 0800 1111.
Any parent or carer wishing to talk about parenting problems can contact Family Lives on
0808 800 2222.
The Church Safeguarding Officer is available to speak with adults or children.